Welcome to The Leadership Academy
By investing in this online/on demand instructional program, you are investing in yourself, your team, your company and your future. Congratulations!
It is said that “those who learn more earn more” and this is the perfect educational platform to do both.
As a member of the John Kennedy Leadership Academy, you will fill your professional toolbox with seven successful components to a strong leadership career.
Those seven “modules” are broken into multiple levels of learning that deliver an in-depth, comprehensive learning opportunity with easy-to-understand real-life applications and “LeaderShift” commitments to expand your learning by sharing your insights with others.
Whether you are an existing or emerging leader, John will inspire you to develop the leader within you and become the leader you respected in your life as you inspire and develop others to be the very same!
The Leadership Academy is designed for current and aspiring leaders and provides instruction on the personal and organizational strategies and skills that are necessary to be an effective leader within an organization.
Topics to be reviewed include methods for developing personal leadership skills, tactical versus strategic aspects of leadership, ways to maximize the performance of a team, and the importance of decision making and effective daily planning.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Utilize the five levels of listening in professional relationships.
- Recognize the importance of integrity in establishing a leadership presence.
- Cite the differences between goal-setting and goal-getting.
- Distinguish the differences between willingness and ability in performance.
- Apply strategies for resolving conflict constructively in the work and home environments.
- Model behaviors to exemplify respect-level leadership.
- Identify and commit to specific strategies for enhancing the effectiveness of one’s own personal leadership capabilities.
- Learn the value of a positive attitude in relationship to leadership and life.
- Understand the process of cultural shift and change, values and transformation styles will round out a comprehensive overview of the important elements of leadership.
- Learn the four stages of building a workplace culture.
- Appreciate the valuable asset of your “people”.
- Understand the difference between managing and leading.
- Learn how to balance both a tactical and strategic outlook on your roles in leadership.
- Understand how vision plays a key role in inspiring and leading a team.
- Find the importance and value of their “True North”.
- Understand how communication is key in any successful team.
- Utilize the five levels of listening in every aspect of life.
- Dig deeply into assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the team and then determine the right avenue to take for improvement and overall employee development.
- Embrace the importance of innovation and discover the concept of a “Line of One Culture”.
- Discover the joy and challenges of magical thinking.
- Learn steps necessary for “Breakthrough Leadership”.
- Understand the core of leadership is found in Integrity.
- Discover great value in determining priorities, projects and processes to become more efficient in decision-making and daily planning.
- Learn successful strategies in goal setting and organization to enhance the skill sets of “managing your day so it doesn’t manage you”.
- Understand the balance between important and urgent.
- Learn strategies to invest your time wisely to save 100’s of hours a year.
- Comprehend the difference between goal setting and goal getting.
- Tackle the tough calls and tough conversations of employee feedback, performance improvement and evaluating employee behavior.
- Learn how positive feedback needs to be balanced with critical feedback to celebrate successes and strive for continuous improvement with each individual.
- Learning to hire the right people for the right seats on the bus will make any workplace culture more engaged and successful.
- Learn a five-step model for employee evaluation/improvement.
- Understand the need for both willingness and ability in each team member.
- Discover how to release the role of the leader to the team, allowing them to become both promoters and problem-solvers of the organization.
- Learn how the leader works through the employees and drives the necessary change from a more hands-off approach.
- Learn to guide employees to be empowered to address and resolve issues on their own through successful coaching (an outcome any organization would want to achieve).
- Learn to successfully navigate the four stages of teambuilding.
- Comprehend the personalities involved in each team culture.
- Understand how to resolve conflict both in work and in life.
- Understand the importance of motivating teams and keeping the momentum going.
- Discover what motivates people and how delegation can drive retention.
- Learn the top ten motivators of employees in the workplace.
- Understand the impact of Respect Level Leadership.